FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Need HELP repairing demagnitizer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horomancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Need HELP repairing demagnitizer Reply with quote

I have an old Superior brand watch demagnitizer that has blown a part and i'm not sure to how to go about fixing it. Here is an excerpt from the manual-

Quote:
The HR SUPERIOR Demagnetizer is design to operate on a 115 volt 60 cycle AC current. Connect the machine to a wall outlet at which time the electrical energy will immediately start to build up in the capacitor for use in the demagnetization operation. The unit may be left plugged in continuously as it uses less current than an electric clock. It will not overheat or burn out

It does however blow out. I think it is a resistor that has blown, but am not certain. I need this tool working, and have some soldering equipment, but really don't know what i'm doing. I don't think i can do worse than what was originally there though. I have pictures but they are not hosted anywhere. can send to someone if they think it can help me out. The parts are old. Real old, but simple.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detailed pictures will be needed. You can post them here at our image gallery or at any other that you like such as http://flickr.com
http://forum.hackedgadgets.com/viewtopic.php?t=134
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: