FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Where to start....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TippyTech

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Where to start.... Reply with quote

I have decided to try something, that I have absolutely no experience with. I would like to build/design/engineer an electronic trigger for a paintball marker. It has been a few years since I worked with electronics, and I am wondering if anyone knows a good starting point. LOL, it just sounds fun... and if I am successful, my friends will have something fun to play with. My main need for help is programming. I do not have any software for it, and would like some advice on getting started with that.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Tiff

Smartkid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending upon what logic you need, you might no need any programming.

What exactly does this trigger need to do?
TippyTech

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trigger... and I'm still learning about it... needs to manage rate of fire for the paintball gun. I would like it to have a few mode (different rates of fire) settings, and an LED setup to show what mode it is in. That is the basic idea I have right now.
Blaudus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make it microcontroled...
I didnt get youre idea very clear, but, if its something like a sentry gun...

This guy made a cool one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CkRyiO6uuE

Anyway, you can make it using a microcontroler (Like PIC or something), and at least one step motor (If you want to control only the trigger). The circuit is quite simple, i sugest that you upgrade it to a version with an LCD display later, first make it work as simple as you can xP

I usually program my microcontrollers using C++, but you can use any language, even Pascal =X

Sorry about my poor english, and have luck with youre project ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: