FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Frequency actuated LED's?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluidmachine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Frequency actuated LED's? Reply with quote

Hello there, and hello to all of you.

I'm obviously new here, but this site seems to be a bowl full of knowledge and I couldn't help but post a problem I've shelved a while back.

I am well aware that there are plenty of musically activated LED boxes and projects out there, but this one is rather unique and I am hoping I can get some help with it. Any comments or ideas are appreciated, but please bear in mind that I am no electronic genius, merely a tinkerer.

Here's the project:

I want to create a wall sized display made up of many different LED's. However, I want to make them all activated at different frequenices based on a audio input. I would like to do a set for vocal ranges, guitars, drums etc. Much like a wall sized equalizer. However, every project I have seen covers a very broad range of frequencies, with no adjustability. (E.G., all LED's would react only to bass.)

Is there a way that I can make a circut that allows me to put a maximum and minimum on which frequencies activate the LED's? And can I get them in different (Hz) setups? (E.G. One batch for <200hz, one for >200 but <1000, and so on...)
I am well aware that a project this size is massive, but just need a push in the right direction.

Thanks again, and in advance to any help that comes my way.
~Fluidmachine

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this article may help.
http://www.ethanwiner.com/filters.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: