FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Invacare M51 Powerchair Motors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbumstead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Invacare M51 Powerchair Motors Reply with quote

I picked up a Invacare M51 Powerchair that is equipped with two 24v 3.6amp 350 watt motors. The motors have 4 wires - two are for the power brakes, which deactivate with power. The motors also have a manual freewheel lever that disengages the brakes. I would like to somehow remove the brakes from the motors. Anyone know how?

I am told that the motors will not function with an RC speed controller until the brakes are removed.

Anyone with experience in using these types of motors with an RC speed controller and radio receiver please give me some insight.

Thanks!!

sbumstead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Figured out how to remove brakes Reply with quote

Okay, I fugured out how to remove the brakes from the motors. Way too easy. Now can someone recomend an Electronic Speed Controller and a RC Radio and Reciever? Thanks.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would look at the battle bot build sites since they use that exact setup quite often.
http://www.coolrobots.com/builders/nframe.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Robotics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: