FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

New Project Boards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmcclana
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: New Project Boards Reply with quote

Thought I'd put a little post up on our new project boards, they just came out on Friday. Here's a picture:

Prewired to Support Popular Microcontrollers
Like the Parallax Propeller, SX, and the PICaxe 08, 14, and 20. The Boss Board also supports the PICaxe 18X for additional versatility.

Mounting Areas For Common Connectors
A Mini DIN mount for PS/2, S-Video, and all Mini DIN applications 8 Pin - 3 Pin. Dual-use jacks for Potentiometers and 3.5mm stereo jacks. SPDT slide switch mounts on the top left. 2x RCA jacks, and a pre-wired video DAC for the Parallax Propeller.

5V, 3V, or Both
The bottom left voltage regulator powers the microcontroller, and the board supports a second, optional regulator on the top left. This makes 3.3v + 5v projects no problem. A reverse protection diode makes the board forgiving of common power mistakes. Or skip the power and connect a battery pack straight to the rails.

An Extra Large Designing Area
With enough space for 40+ pin 600mil DIP's and unique, woven power rails give you flexibility when connecting support IC's.

Now You're Playing With Power!
An NES controller connector makes it super easy to add control to your project. The controller's builtin shift register makes reading the controller a 3-Pin affair (Clock, Data & Latch), and controllers work at 3v or 5v.

More information here

nmcclana
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To kick off the new boards, we're also holding a little contest:

Here's the contest:

Build a Propeller or SX based project that's cool enough to get your mother to pick up a soldering iron. It can be standalone (a plant watering reminder-er) or modify something she already has (fuel usage tracker for her chopper), but you can't ask her to gut anything around the house for parts (like pull the flyback transformer from her TV).

What you have:
The Project has to utilize a Propeller or SX. To enter, you'll need some photos or video showing it working and a brief description of what it does. You can post your entry on our forums

1st place prize:
Your project in kit form; ready to be the perfect mothers day gift and a Penguin Walking Robot for yourself.

2nd place prize:
Your project in kit form; ready to be the perfect mothers day gift and a Gadget Gangster Propeller Development Pack.

3rd place prize:
Your project in kit form; ready to be the perfect mothers day gift and a Gadget Gangster Hoodie.

OBC (of parallax forum fame) has volunteered to help me judge, & his son will act as tiebreaker. Hurry! All entries must be in by Midnight Pacific, April 30th, 2009. We'll have a separate contest for PICaxer's a bit later on.
nmcclana
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the PICaxe Contest, for all the PICaxe designers out there!
Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome prizes! I start thinking now Very Happy
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nmcclana wrote:
Here's the PICaxe Contest, for all the PICaxe designers out there!

1st Prize looks cool!
nmcclana
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You learn something new every day - I thought that people would really like something fun, like a robot, but I put a post up on the picaxe forums and the O'scope was the clear winner.

I guess it makes sense - it's one of those items that most hobbyists would love, but can't bring themselves to buy. A bench power supply is another.

A few folks have already emailed me with really cool ideas, I'm excited to see how they'll come out!
nmcclana
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few days left for the Father's day contest, 2 entries so far:

Chris The Carpenter's Decision Maker (Project Page). Chris did a great job with the video, and the kit is now up on Gadget Gangster.

Boriz's Brain Game 1: Stroop Test (YouTube Video)

A few folks have asked how to enter. You can just email me (nick@gadgetgangster.com) or post on this thread. You don't need a video or sourcecode to enter, just something to show that it works. You also don't have to publish the project on Gadget Gangster.

Chris' video is awesome, he did a great job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Anything goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: