FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

CONTROL A POWER CHAIR USING LAPTOPS PARALLEL PORT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JERRY47

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: CONTROL A POWER CHAIR USING LAPTOPS PARALLEL PORT Reply with quote

Cool HI i am new to this site,just got a jazzy type powerchair and would like to build a robot anyone know how to interface a basic stamp2 to the joystick controller ? i dont want to use servos , it has to be total electronic control. I will be using visual basic 6 for the software ,any help or links would be so appreciated

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: CONTROL A POWER CHAIR USING LAPTOPS PARALLEL PORT Reply with quote

JERRY47 wrote:
Cool HI i am new to this site,just got a jazzy type powerchair and would like to build a robot anyone know how to interface a basic stamp2 to the joystick controller ? i dont want to use servos , it has to be total electronic control. I will be using visual basic 6 for the software ,any help or links would be so appreciated

It should be quite simple to interface to it. Normally these types of devices use a few pots to sense how far the user has moved the control. In the end this just means that the chair controller is looking at a change in voltage to determine what the user is doing with the joystick.

You could either use a D/A chip to create the voltage that the controller is monitoring or you could simply use PWM and a small smoothing cap to feed into the controller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Robotics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: