FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Searching SBC/DSP board/microcontroller; 4ADC/1kHz/USB Host

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Microcontroller Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yoreki

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Searching SBC/DSP board/microcontroller; 4ADC/1kHz/USB Host Reply with quote

Hello,

I am looking for something along the lines of a Single Board Computer (SBC), a Digital Signal Processing (DSP) board, or a microcontroller. Though I am open to any other suggestions, but what I essentially need to be able to do is the following.

Requirements:

- 4 channel ADC
- Sample rate of 1kHz; meaning I want to be able to sample from all 4 channels at a rate of 1kHz, whether that means sampling each input individually (in a round-like fashion at a higher rate in order to complete sampling all 4 channels at an overall rate of 1kHz), or sampling all 4 channels at the same time each at a rate of 1kHz.
- Can write to USB (USB Host port)

Project Breakdown: I have 4 analogue signals I need converted to digital signals, and store on a USB key, at a rate of 1kHz.

I am very new to working with these pieces of equipment, so please be understanding if I make any errors in talking about them, or am completely mistaken about the components to use.

I have so far been steered in the direction of using a SBC or a DSP board. However, Iíve been searching for days going over board after board, and I canít find anything that has a high enough sample rate. The closest Iíve found to what I need is a series of ARM single board computers, the TS-7000 series.

http://www.embeddedarm.com/products/arm-sbc.php#ts-7800-series

Other than the TS-7800, the others didnít seem to come close enough. Even the TS-7800, after reading the manual closely and inquiring about the meanings of some parts, I still found that when operating with 4 channels the overall sample rate would only be 0.5kHz (2kHz/ch).

I would really appreciate any advice, or experience that anyone can share with me. If you know of an actual component that fits my requirements that would be amazing, but even if youíre just able to steer me in a good direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot, hope I can get some feedback soon,

Tyler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Microcontroller Resources All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: