FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

NEW WIRELESS 360 CONTROLLER LED MOD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Mod Help Reply with quote

1) Yes, the LEDs can be relocated to any place where they will fit inside the controller case. I have seen similar mods where the LEDs were placed in additional locations.

2) You can add more than three LEDs without seeing a dulling effect on the LEDs. The more LEDs the more current that is drawn from the batteries. The LEDs that I have used are 5mm. With smaller 3mm or even surface mount LEDs you could fit a lot more in the case. I've heard of mod where someone used 20 surface mount or smd LEDs. I would recoomend using the 3V source as most LEDs require a higher voltage than 2.4V. The source you will utalize depends on the color you are using and the voltage requirement for the LEDs.

3) I do think it is possible to place LEDs in the back of the controller. A buddy of mine wants to do a mod where the LEDs are hooked up to the rumble motors, placed in the back of the case - so they light up your hands as the rumble motors are triggered. I will be attempting this mod in the near future (When he buys his clear case). If successful I will post a full tutorial on this mod as well.

PS Sorry it took so long to reply the site was down a few days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

lostboyz

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice controller I personally like mine

nice and simple
Mon1018
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes!
I like it!
It sounds interesting. Let me have a try.
jaimatadi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All leads and solder joints to avoid any misfunctioning of the controller due to contact with the board
This routing pattern allows for easy access to the coils at the back of the pack

HyperHacker
HG Junior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's neat. I like the green colour. It'd be cool if you could have it change to yellow or red when the battery is low or when the controller vibrates. Maybe fade to another colour depending on the pressure on the analog stick or triggers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: