FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Phone line controlled device -Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beita7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Phone line controlled device -Help! Reply with quote

So I'm working on a little something for my girlfriend for our anniversary coming up. Simply put I'm building two picture frames, one for me and one for her that light up. Now things get interesting, they light up when said person is in front of the other frame, (ie my frame lights up when she's near hers) now I have everything figured out except for the data transmission. I was thinking of using the phone lines, but i've only seen designs for the micro-controllers that are based off the number of rings or dialing in a code, etc etc.

Any suggestions?

Alexander125
HG Master

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you live far between, a RF transmitter ain't a good ideea, but i saw some pretty powerfull AM transmitters(range- 1.2 miles)
but if there is line of sight, a laser transmitter would do just fine.
If you live less than 200 yds apart, i would strech a cable.
A walkie-talkie could work, but it's expensive.
I guess you've got a frame with an LED and some sort of proximity snsor.
if there is line of sight, the best ideea is the IR laser emmitter-reciever.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do any of the suggestions that Alexander had or what about using the internet? I have not done this myself but the device used here should work.
http://hackedgadgets.com/2009/01/20/monitor-household-ac-power-usage-using-clamp-meters/
babyfazt09

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that your thinking a gift that is so peculiar to me and at the same time amazes me. If I am your girl I would appreciate so much the effort exerted on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: