FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Duplicate Receipt ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comeup
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Duplicate Receipt ? Reply with quote

I have a Receipt Printer and i was wondering how to print out a copy of a receipt i already have.

should i try to scan the receipt to the computer them try to make the receipt printer print it out ? if so how?

is there any software i can download?

please pm me if you have any idea Wink

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Duplicate Receipt ? Reply with quote

Comeup wrote:
I have a Receipt Printer and i was wondering how to print out a copy of a receipt i already have.

should i try to scan the receipt to the computer them try to make the receipt printer print it out ? if so how?

This should not be used for illegal purposes, but if you wish to print a receipt and you have the same printer just follow the pattern of text and information so that it looks the same. This is simple to program into any of the registers. I did a short stint at a point of sale company and it is common place to program a new register so that the receipt looks identical to all of the others that they currently use.
Comeup
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Duplicate Receipt ? Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
Comeup wrote:

This should not be used for illegal purposes, but if you wish to print a receipt and you have the same printer just follow the pattern of text and information so that it looks the same. This is simple to program into any of the registers. I did a short stint at a point of sale company and it is common place to program a new register so that the receipt looks identical to all of the others that they currently use.

ok but im not trying to do anything but make a copy of a receipt i already have using nothing but a computer and receipt printer ......can you break down the most simple way to do this ?
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Duplicate Receipt ? Reply with quote

Comeup wrote:
ok but im not trying to do anything but make a copy of a receipt i already have using nothing but a computer and receipt printer ......can you break down the most simple way to do this ?

What I meant, if you have a receipt printer (small narrow roll printer that uses thermal transfer or dot matrix) that the original receipt was printed on I would just duplicate the format of the original receipt and make your own.

Of course this is limited to conventional receipts. Large chain stores that print barcodes on the receipt is actually a way to pull up the unique transaction from their database. This unique transaction is modified after the purchase with things such as returns. This means that you would not be able to return an item twice to a store like Walmart.

If the printer you have is just a normal letter size laser printer or inkjet printer then you will not be able to knock off a receipt since that print technology is not generally used to print receipts, not to mention you would need to cut it to size when it was done.
Comeup
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Duplicate Receipt ? Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
Comeup wrote:

What I meant, if you have a receipt printer (small narrow roll printer that uses thermal transfer or dot matrix) that the original receipt was printed on I would just duplicate the format of the original receipt and make your own.

Of course this is limited to conventional receipts. Large chain stores that print barcodes on the receipt is actually a way to pull up the unique transaction from their database. This unique transaction is modified after the purchase with things such as returns. This means that you would not be able to return an item twice to a store like Walmart.

If the printer you have is just a normal letter size laser printer or inkjet printer then you will not be able to knock off a receipt since that print technology is not generally used to print receipts, not to mention you would need to cut it to size when it was done.

I have a EPSON TM-T90 M165A RECEIPT PRINTER

is there anything i should download in order to make the receipt print it out? like a driver or something?
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start with the driver. The printer page doesn't contain the driver
http://pos.epson.com/products/TM-T90.htm

so I think you may have to sign up to get it.
http://pos.epson.com/developers/index.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Anything goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: