FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

gift cards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comeup
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: gift cards Reply with quote

so i was just wondering if i swipe a gift card with money on it on a reader/writer machine can those numbers be written onto a blank gift card??

idk if i worded that right but any help appreciated

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: gift cards Reply with quote

Comeup wrote:
so i was just wondering if i swipe a gift card with money on it on a reader/writer machine can those numbers be written onto a blank gift card??

idk if i worded that right but any help appreciated

If the card has a magnetic stripe then yes you can copy the information onto another card and use the other card. Either the copied card or original card will probably only work once though since the card serial number is usually stored in a central database and the balance is looked up, the balance is not normally stored on the card.

This method still works on other systems though such as photo copy cards at most universities etc.

We would not recommend you attempt to do this though since it is totally illegal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: