FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

SubWoofer LED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
H2oMaN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: SubWoofer LED Reply with quote

Well i am real new to electronics.

i have a 2.1 stereo system that outputs 30 watts of music.
well i have seen a few vids on hooking LED's to the system so i tried it for my self.

in my noobish experience they said the LEDs will work on every speaker system aslong as they have the juice. later that they i dismanteled a flashlight i had that i wasnt using anymore and took out 4 LED's in parallel( If im not mistaking it goes from one + to the other + ) out of it and hooked it directly to the wires of the speaker. guess what happened PooF @ low volumes it worked, i cranked it @ 10% they blew up.

2nd i got the same series again with new LED's soldered into place. and soldered if im not mistaking a 700 ohm resistor. cranked to around 60 and blew up in a few secconds.

so im guessing i need a stronger resistor.

went to Check the voltage coming out of the wires when the speaker is fully cranked, it went from 80v - 700v on the reading the 700 is the realy high pitched bass and last fraction of a seccond. but the avg voltage was around 127 - 210 while playing fully cranked.

what i know is a led can resist only around 2.

the question is what is the best way convert this high power to the 2-4 volts needed for the LED.

some1 told me to make them into series so 4 LED's can take on around 10volts.

so any1 can give me suggestions i can use.

thank you in advanced.
i can solder and wire anything fine. but i don't have to knowledge of calculating for components needed.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the circuit listed on this page
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=6708

It should do what you need without blowing up the LEDs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: