FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

New to Electronics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kulit494

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: New to Electronics Reply with quote

Hey all, new member here. I am a programmer interested in trying my hand at creating LED project for fun. Browsing through your topics, I feel lost when it comes to understanding the circuit diagrams.
Ultimately I would like to create a LED color changing strip (http://i11.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/24/b6/fb47_1.JPG) or a board of LEDs that can pulse/change to the music.
I am here to ask where to start. I look forward to your responses and thanks in advance.

Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, kulit494 Very Happy

What languages do you use?
If you use C like languages you might want to get into the Arduinos, if you use Basic then you might want to get into the PICAXE chips.

Both could be controlled using a computer.

Or you could use the parallel port on a computer to run the LEDs but then you couldn't fade them very easily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: