FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Frozen Ipod!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXxShawnexXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Frozen Ipod! Reply with quote

I have an iPod nano, third generation I'm pretty sure. I've had it since May, and I love it. But today, I was trying to use it, and the songs weren't playing - they stayed at 0 seconds no matter what I did. I was able to go to other songs, but they were doing the same thing. I got frustrated and left it for a while.
When I tried to use it again, it was the same thing. I scrolled through songs trying to get them to play when the whole thing just froze. I can't do anything on it now: I can't go to menu, I can't get to another song, even the title is frozen (which usually moves to show wht the song's called in its entirety).
I then did everything in my power to fix it: I checked if the hold was on (it wasn't), I laid it flat on a table and pressed menu and play at the same time...nothing. It's hooked up to a power source, even though it had a full battery already. When I hook it up to Itunes, it can't tell that it's there.
I really hope someone can give me advice on how to fix it - I really don't want to buy a new one.

Tekwiz
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure about the ipods, but many players have a hidden reset switch. This is usually a small hole in the back of the case someplace, that must be actuated with a pencil point. Such switches are usually marked with a tiny "reset" label. Other than that, the only thing you can do is to remove power & battery for several minutes. This may cause the system to reboot & solve the problem. Cool
ReseTim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reset Reply with quote

You reset an iPod by pressing Menu and the center button at the same time, holding it until the screen shows an Apple logo. If that doesn't work, look for a sliding switch that says Hold, and slide it so you don't see orange. If that doesn't work, go to the Apple website.
pittspeng
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah this happened to me a while back as well (but i have the 5th generation 30 gig). it solved itself after a day or 2. but if it continues i would wait another day to see if it fixes itself as mine did. if not i cannot help you. so all u can do for the moment is wait to see if it will work.
ginbot86
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens again, go to iTunes and restore your iPod firmware. Be careful; your songs will be deleted.
pittspeng
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did u not read... he said itunes wont recognize it
ginbot86
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, I did, in fact, didn't read the part of iTunes not recognizing the iPod. Embarassed
cez06
HG Junior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to buy an ipod nano, so I really like the topic because I've caught a lot of useful informations.
Alexander125
HG Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened to me, I have a SAMSUNG Ip-K3 mp4 player and the PC doesn't recognise it.
I tried to reset it, i even tried to take it apart but it aint workin.!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: