FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Fading on/off PIR sensor led

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Fading on/off PIR sensor led Reply with quote

Hello,
this is my first post and i am brand new to electronics so please be gentle with me.

I am looking to hook up a couple of leds which turn on when you walk past the device e.g a pir sensor. I want them to fade on and stay on for about 15 seconds then fade off again untill the pir sensor is activated again.

I want to know is this harder to put together than it sounds. Where do i start and what kind of components will i need? thank for your help in advance. Also it has to be relativly small e.g fit inside mouse or small phone shaped device, using as little batteries as possible.

Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This or this would be a good start Very Happy

eric
Alexius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! ill get one of these and test it out. It looks like the first one comes with a capacitor or something like that?

also how would i go about making the led fade on and stay on for a certain amount of seconds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: