FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Share your Electronic Projects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmcclana
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Share your Electronic Projects Reply with quote

Hey Guys;

Looking thru all of the cool electronic projects on Hacked Gadgets, Maker Faire, Instructables and the such, it seems like there are too many DIY projects that took tons of effort, sitting in attics. Or they're being used by the project designer, but no-one else can benefit from the designer's hard work. A lot of people would love to try some of the projects that designers have come up with, but they're not sure where to start.

Here's what I'm offering -
1 - I stock the most common components, microcontrollers, & a variety of PCB's.
2 - You come up with a cool project using those components, and tell how you put it together.
3 - Any hobbyist looking to do an electronic project comes to my site, picks up the components needed to do your project from me, and I'll share 20% of the sales with you.

I've been sharing the idea with a few hobbyist groups over the past month, and a lot of designers are pretty excited. This weekend, I've just started offering Designers Packs (packaged sets of my component inventory) to help in designing. If you're designer and want to share your project, you can go to my site (www.gadgetgangster.com) and learn more / share your project / pick up a Designers Pack.

If you're a hobbyist looking for a fun project, hold tight! I've got about 30 project submissions to-date, and I'll begin offering projects in a few weeks. You can go here and we'll drop you a note when projects are for sale.

Thanks!
Nick

nick (atsign) gadgetgangster.com

www.gadgetgangster.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an interesting idea. Please keep us posted on the site progress.
nmcclana
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Alan!

Right now, we're accepting projects. Anyone can go on the site and submit a project today.

If you'd like to post a project you've already done, you'll need to tweak it to work with our inventory, especially our project agnostic PCB. Also, our Inventory is still expanding, so just let me know what other components you need.

We also just added a part of the site called 'The Designers Notebook', as a resource to designers. I've received a few article submissions, which I'm typesetting, atm, but if anyone has an article they'd like us to publish, just send it my way (nick *at* gadgetgangster.com). I wrote the first article (5 design tips for your first project).

I'm hoping it becomes a way to get more people excited & involved in the hobby. I'm certain that a lot of people read hacked gadgets and say, "wish I could build that", but the designer hasn't published the source code or bill of materials. And even if he has, it's usually a pain to chase down all the parts.

Anyway, based on the volume of submissions, we're hoping to start selling projects to builders in mid-november. All projects posted before we launch will get premium placement on our project listings, too. I'll let you know when we begin selling projects.

Nick
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nmcclana
HG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about this a little further,

If you'd like to post a project, you'll almost certainly need our project boards. These are the project agnostic PCB's that your project should utilize.

I've been selling the boards to designers for $13 for 4 boards. I've sold a few, but I can understand your reluctance to fork over $13 (+$6 shipping) just to get started.

So, here's my offer: Sign up as a designer, and I'll mail you a pack of boards, free. All I ask is that you use them to post a project. I'll send you 2 of the Full Boards and 2 of the Half Boards. I've got about 50 boards packs I can give out. International shipping is fine, too.

You can find out more about the project boards here

&

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Anything goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: