FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

stereo and hard drive oscilloscope...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dzvera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: stereo and hard drive oscilloscope... Reply with quote

I was building a hard drive oscilloscope over the weekend and i managed to connect the wires on the circuit board so they controlled the voice coil and it played music... for a while... it was more than 8 ohms like the guide said... i hooked up the drive and let it play music (after testing it several times and it cooperated with the stereo) for a while and went to the other room and when i came back the drive wasnt playing... after that the stereo just refused to play at all (hard drive or speakers)... any suggestions on what i should do to get the stereo to play or fix the overall problem? My bigger fear is that the stereo mightve given out. Wouldnt the hard drive just have been overdriven like a speaker and resulted in it blowing out instead of my stereo? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: stereo and hard drive oscilloscope... Reply with quote

dzvera wrote:
I was building a hard drive oscilloscope over the weekend and i managed to connect the wires on the circuit board so they controlled the voice coil and it played music... for a while... it was more than 8 ohms like the guide said... i hooked up the drive and let it play music (after testing it several times and it cooperated with the stereo) for a while and went to the other room and when i came back the drive wasnt playing... after that the stereo just refused to play at all (hard drive or speakers)... any suggestions on what i should do to get the stereo to play or fix the overall problem? My bigger fear is that the stereo mightve given out. Wouldnt the hard drive just have been overdriven like a speaker and resulted in it blowing out instead of my stereo? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

If the hard drive metered at 8 ohms it would look like a speaker voice coil to the stereo. When you meter the coil of the hard drive now is it open or does it still read 8 ohms?
dzvera

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the time i checked the hard drive i think metered more (after the incident, before that it metered over 8 ohms around 11 i think)... but I did replace a fuses on the stereo/amplifier that got busted and it now does produce sound... just fails to amplify it and sounds quite weak when played through my seakers as compared to before. if anyone can help me with what could have gone wrong further my stereo is an Onkyo TX-11.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: