FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Cannon with computer controled targeting system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shmickley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Cannon with computer controled targeting system. Reply with quote

hi this is my first post about my system im trying to build. First it involves 2 parts. the first is the cannon which can currently change angles and rotate 360 degrees the 2nd is my mini lap top that i wana hook up to the 1st system to act at a targeting computer. i have no doubts about building the 1st system but when it comes to the 2nd system im kinda stumped i want to be able to input where i am as well as where the thing is that i want to shoot so i can make the thing really accurate and i would prefer to no use any sort of lasers due to the fact of money/complicity and the range of the laser. I am not sure on how to go about aiming the cannon with accuracy. i would not mind aiming the cannon by putting in gps cords in to my laptop and making the moters and stuff move in to position all though i am unaware about doing so and over coming things blocking the path. if any one has any ideas or programs i could use this would be helpful. (btw i normally just build cannons that own and stuff the computer aspect is new to me)

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Cannon with computer controled targeting system. Reply with quote

shmickley wrote:
hi this is my first post about my system im trying to build. First it involves 2 parts. the first is the cannon which can currently change angles and rotate 360 degrees the 2nd is my mini lap top that i wana hook up to the 1st system to act at a targeting computer. i have no doubts about building the 1st system but when it comes to the 2nd system im kinda stumped i want to be able to input where i am as well as where the thing is that i want to shoot so i can make the thing really accurate and i would prefer to no use any sort of lasers due to the fact of money/complicity and the range of the laser. I am not sure on how to go about aiming the cannon with accuracy. i would not mind aiming the cannon by putting in gps cords in to my laptop and making the moters and stuff move in to position all though i am unaware about doing so and over coming things blocking the path. if any one has any ideas or programs i could use this would be helpful. (btw i normally just build cannons that own and stuff the computer aspect is new to me)

Welcome Shmickley,

Sounds like a very cool and dangerous project. How far can the design shoot. I am not sure about GPS since a GPS coordinate is not very accurate. As far as control I would think that a few large servo motors would work well. The computer can be connected to a servo drive system that would give you precise control of the system. Are you thinking of total automation or will there be a human in the loop when aiming?
shmickley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for the cannon if i push the power limet on it i can probly get it to extremly far. hm about human input i would like to be able to manualy controle the system threw the computer incase it goes haywire as well as showing me the angle and psi of the cannon. about the aiming prosses with the cannon iv heard of programs that when u enter information about ur cannon, the psi, the projectile, and stuff to do with where u are and what ur shooting at, that it will aim the cannon for u and trigger a solinoide to give u a realitivly accurate shot. i though this sounded farfeched to me when i heard it of another friend telling me about it, i did some research and apparently its true but theres like aparently lots of differnt vershons that use differnt things to aim ur cannon. So i decided to ask people about whats a good method of targeting my device???

if i am unble to do this i might just make a motion sencing cannon and also give it a auto reloder and make it so i can controle it with my pc using some wireless Cool
shmickley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*this project has been posponed and will not be produced*
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know if you take it up again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: