FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Blinking LEDs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriaL

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats my headphone jack. Theres 3 possbile parts to connect to. Theres these 2 small little hooks on the side, one a little bit bigger than the other, then this huge one that towers over them. This has to be the problem becasue the circuit is just like the diagram.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriaL wrote:

Thats my headphone jack. Theres 3 possbile parts to connect to. Theres these 2 small little hooks on the side, one a little bit bigger than the other, then this huge one that towers over them. This has to be the problem becasue the circuit is just like the diagram.

The large part of the headphone jack (lower terminal in your picture) goes to negative. Choose one of the others and connect that to terminal 1 of the transistor.
TriaL

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't work and I'm kind of pissed Sad
If possible see if you can tell whats wrong or out of place. And I believe thats the way you told me to do the jack.

If you need me to explain my fuzzy picture I can tell you, snce thats as best as i can get right now. Thanks.
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriaL wrote:

Didn't work and I'm kind of pissed Sad
If possible see if you can tell whats wrong or out of place. And I believe thats the way you told me to do the jack.

If you need me to explain my fuzzy picture I can tell you, snce thats as best as i can get right now. Thanks.

The jack looks right, but as for the rest I can't make out where your positive and negative power supply wires enter the circuit and I can't see all of the connection in the fuzzy picture.
:(

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I give up Sad theres not alot i can do. Its all hooked up right and I stick it into my speaker jack and it doesn't work. All I get is a switch that turns the lights on and off.
avenuegirl
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who needs additional assistance in doing this type of thing.

Alan, this is what I'm talking about with the color organ instruction. There are people like me who would love to do this but have never worked with this medium before and need a little extra help.

I'm looking for someone to work with me on this stuff.

Also, there was the ieric kid I saw through the comments. He's got a video with wires all stripped and exposed, and he's just asking for trouble with that set up. Did you see the one on his headboard? ugh.
seth3d

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just threw this together on a proto board before work. I thought I would say that I'm getting better "fidelity" out of the LEDs with a small non-polar capacitor between the pin 1 and 2 of the transistor. It takes a minute or so for the potential to level out before I can see the difference. I'm using a very small ceramic, seems to have about the same effect as a mylar with a little better pickup/response time. It's makes the LEDs a lot flashier I think.

This also seems to have the added benefit of keeping the transistor from sticking open as mine seems to do (very cheap mosfit I guess).
Mon1018
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well!
This picture helps me!
Excellent information.Many thanks!
Very informative indeed! Cool Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: