FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Altoids can Morse Code Oscillator
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nginuity wrote:
Well, I found the short....I don't know how I couldnt have seen this right away....

The two jacks that are mounted to the outside of the altoids can....Well, one of those is the other side of the + power switch from the morse code keyer. So....when power is applied across the switch, the other side is shorting to the ground bar by way of the negative on the other mono jack....

Should be an easy fix. I am either going to put a rubber grommet in there, or use some more hot glue to isolate it.

One of those circuits that works great on the breadboard but dies when built... Had many of those. Smile

Nginuity
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
Nginuity wrote:
Well, I found the short....I don't know how I couldnt have seen this right away....

The two jacks that are mounted to the outside of the altoids can....Well, one of those is the other side of the + power switch from the morse code keyer. So....when power is applied across the switch, the other side is shorting to the ground bar by way of the negative on the other mono jack....

Should be an easy fix. I am either going to put a rubber grommet in there, or use some more hot glue to isolate it.

One of those circuits that works great on the breadboard but dies when built... Had many of those. Smile

It's working just fine now...and you will be happy to know as well that the speaker impedance isn't causing any problems either. Glad That is fixed though. Had me quite worried for a while. Guess I should pay more attention next time.
David

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey just seen this project on makezine.com What kind of key are you useing? Sweet key!!! I just built the same circuit.But have to get my tin case.Going to put the key on top just like this project.But I did change r1 to a 200k varable resistor.that way I can adjust my tone better to my likeing.

http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc_2/code_osc.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> New Projects Currently Being Developed All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: