FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

PS2 Wedge Magnetic Card Reader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maca_404

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: PS2 Wedge Magnetic Card Reader Reply with quote

Hey Guys

I have a ps2 style magnetic card reader which when a card is swiped it basically types the data out on the screen. I have cracked it open and there is a reader module connected to the keyboard emulator. What I want to do is get the data to go threw a rs232 connection. I have tried connecting the rs232 port to a few of the internal data connection and I do get an output when I swipe a card but it is all random characters outputting. My question is does anyone have an idea on how I could modify this to work with a serial connection.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Ps. I can upload pics of the hardware if needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: