FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

LEds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
terorerorista92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: LEds Reply with quote

argh>!!!! I'm very stupid and i didnt understood about that led thing let me make my self clear :
i want to put leds DIRECTLY to the speakers to connect the leds with the speaker cable is that possible and if it is possible haw to make my speakers more sensitive to increase the voltage so the leds to start more easily because now i have to increase my volume nearly to max and i want they to start at the moment eaven my volume is low ! Embarassed

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: LEds Reply with quote

terorerorista92 wrote:
argh>!!!! I'm very stupid and i didnt understood about that led thing let me make my self clear :
i want to put leds DIRECTLY to the speakers to connect the leds with the speaker cable is that possible and if it is possible haw to make my speakers more sensitive to increase the voltage so the leds to start more easily because now i have to increase my volume nearly to max and i want they to start at the moment eaven my volume is low ! Embarassed

The lowest voltage LEDs (normally red, orange yellow, etc) have an operating voltage of about 2 volts. So the only thing you can do to have them turn on is reach that voltage. Making your speakers more sensitive will not help.

Unfortunately some sort of amplification (or extreme volumes on your stereo) will need to be done. Like these examples.
http://forum.hackedgadgets.com/viewtopic.php?t=1135
hot777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: LEds Reply with quote

terorerorista92 wrote:

you cant im sorry it will effect your amp performance if u do Crying or Very sad

sorry
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: sound sensitivity / leds Reply with quote

there are ways to make a sound sensitive light array. For example, you could buy some neon accent lights from streetglow that have "music activated" light disply settings. They would have a knob for sensitivity, you can get small ones like 3' if you look around. Directly to the speaker wire you will need a low wattage LED, something red or possibly orange. If your just looking for sound sensitive lighting - go for the neon accent tubes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
greenhacks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: check this out Reply with quote

just leave off the resisters.
http://www.acidmods.com/Wiki/tiki-index.php?page=PSP%20Sound%20Mod
nexusone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: post reply Reply with quote

See my reply to your first post.

It is not a good idea to connect them striaght to the speakers.

You can use the circuit listed in my post and power it by a battery or DC power adapter connected to your speaker case.

Inside your speaker case, have a microphone or impedence matching transformer to transfer the audio signal from your speaker to the circuit.

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: