FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

XBOX 360 Elite Window Mod Design

View previous topic :: View next topic  
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: XBOX 360 Elite Window Mod Design Reply with quote

I'm eventually going to mod my 360 Elite case with one of these window designs. I still havn't decided what to use for the window. I'm looking for more options, probably plexi. I'll also be adding LEDs or cathodes, a clear DVD drive case, temp monitoring with display, one of those glossy airflow vents, and face mounted extra air in / out fans. I'm also looking to possibly do some vent modifications. Any advice on cooling, fan mounting, or airflow would be appreciated. Here's some ideas I've been working on. I used the simple ms paint tool to do these pictures:

Which one is your favorite?

Thomas Edison
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Turd
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.

I like the first one or last one Very Happy

eric
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one gets my vote. Smile
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been leaning towards the fourth one and the last one myself. I will go with whatever design that gets the most votes. Looks like the first one and the last one are the most popular as of now, with the last one leading by 1 vote. It will be quite a while before I do this mod, so there will be plenty of time for people to voice additional opinions. I have to wait to make sure this box is going to be reliable enough to mod. I've only had it about a month now.

As far as ventillation and airflow is concerned the 360 is lacking in my opinion. The air it pushes out the vents and back is quite hot. The console operates at a high temperature and I would like to significantly decrease it. I will also be adding some dynimat to the inside of the case to quiet down that 12V switching stock fan. The only way to figure out the best locations for the fans would be to open the case and take a peek at the board to see where the GPU and CPU chips are located.

What I need to know is if face mounted inlet / outlet fans are plausable in this scenario. The stock fans are located at the back of the console. If I mount an inlet above the GPU / CPU chips and an outlet on the opposite side of the case will it provide an adequate difference in cooling?

Thomas Edison
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Case Mods All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: