FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

XBOX 360 ELITE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: XBOX 360 ELITE Reply with quote

Got my voucher from Best Buy.

It was only an an extra $50 to get the elite so I opted to upgrade. The replacement plan provided me with a voucher for the total price of the system and the tax (didn't expect them to cover the tax). The process only took about 4 weeks to ship out my old xbox and wait to recieve a voucher in the mail. I had to repurchase the warranty. Overall I'm happy with how it all worked out. Especially after considering all the people who have gone thru 3-4 Xbox 360's already. Don't be stupid enough to pass on the replacement plan.

Here's some pictures:

I'll be adding a list of new features and differences b/t the elite and the regular xbox 360 premium.
(Experiment for searches) | xbox 360 elite pics | xbox 360 elite pictures | Elite | Elite Club | Xbox Live | precisewitem | Xbox 360 Images | Elite images | hackedgadgets | hacked gadgets | llama 360 club | Elite 360s | 360 Mod | Modding xbox | Elite Mod | black 360 | black 360 controller | paint 360|
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

BronzeG3
HG Master

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I'll be getting my non-elite 360 on Tuesday.
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you havn't had the opportunity to sit down with a 360 yet, your in for a treat. I love my xbox - it rivals the highest computer setups available today and the 360 runs on DX9+. Even with the new DX10 available the 360 is such a better purchase than a PS3 or DX10 PC. Hope you enjoy it Bronze,

Christopher
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BronzeG3
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a while I was debating getting a 360 or spending twice as much on building a new compy. I think I chose correctly. Do you play on Live much?
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Live Acoount Reply with quote

Yeah you made a good decision - it's expensive to get a computer to run 3 GPUs the way the xbox 360 does. Yeah they do 4 graphics card now on some mobos, which is 4 GPUs, but they are independant of each other for processing. The 360 uses 3 GPUs evenly - so your actually using each GPU for different things simultaneously.

I do have a Live account, my account name is PRECubed - you can add me to your friends list if you like when you get your 360. I play on Live every day - my favorite games right now are Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Shadow Run, and Gears of War. The live account allows you to enjoy the games much longer. You can beat the story mode single player and still enjoy playing online for years after. I don't understand why people buy 360s without the live account. Not everyone has cable internet though. I've been playiong Call of Duty 2 and Splinter Cell Double Agent since thier releases - over a year for Double Agent over 2 years for Call of Duty 2.
BronzeG3
HG Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I didn't order any of the games you have, but Rainbow Six: Vegas, Perfect Dark, Virtua Tennis 3, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, and Halo 2 (original XBox). I doubt I will be buying more games in the near future, but I'll add you to my friends list when I set up an account.
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Just a heads up Reply with quote

I was a HUGE Perfect Dark (N64) fan back in the day. My best friend bought a 360 on the release date - waiting outside a Toys R Us. With the console he bought one game, Perfect Dark Zero.

IMO the first one was much better than the new Perfect Dark Zero. This game was a big letdown to us. I'm more of a gameplay enthusiast rather than a graphics hawk. I was expecting PD0 to be the best game on the 360 and as it turns out the gameplay kinda sucks (as compared to other fps games on 360).

This is just meant to be a heads up as far as that game is concerned. Everyone has different opinions, so you may love the game. If your expecting the same hardcore gameplay / style as the original Perfect Dark - you will be disappointed.

I do have Halo 2, well rather my best friend has Halo 2 - I got it for him for his bday. We do play that sometimes - rampid cheating and glitching can be annoying (autofire, map glitches, remapped buttons). The online multiplayer for H2 is a little less gameplay intensive than I would like. Especially after playing the new H3 Beta.

Rainbow 6 Vegas is a good solid game IMO. I liked the online - your character is a little stiff ( sort of like the feel of mercinary in Splinter Cell Double Agent). Good guns and gameplay - the story mode is awsome as it is in all the Tom Clancy games. I will probably get this game when it comes down to the $30 range.

Need for Speed Most Wanted I havn't played. Right now I have Project Gotham Racing 3 and I enjoyed that game a lot. All the need for speed games were good IMO, so I'm sure this is a good solid game. If you like racing games I would suggest getting PGR3 as well, especially since it is a lower priced game since it was a console release title.

Virtua Tennis 3 I rented. I thought that the gameplay was solid in this game, I enjoyed it. I liked the way that you control the type of shot and location / curve. I didn't buy this one only because it does not appeal to me. I'm more of a FPS person than a sports person.

Here's a quick list of the games I have played and enjoyed enough to buy: Callof Duty 2 / 3, Splinter Cell Double Agent and Vegas, Shadow Run, Project Gotham Racing 3, Saints Row, Gears of War, Halo 1 / 2 / 3, Prey, Fight Night Round 3, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Lost Planet Extreeme Condition, Crackdown, Lego Star Wars, Tony Hawks Project 8, and Bioshock.

Here's a list of games I have played that I thought lacked / sucked overall: Perfect Dark Zero, Ridge Racers, Oblivion, Dead Rising, FEAR, Def Jam Icon, Bullet Witch , Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Armored Core 4, and Far Cry.

It's not always that a game had just bad gameplay some of these games had iffy graphics as well. To me it's more imporant that a game has good control and feel rather than looks amazing. My biggest problem with most of the games i listed in the crappy section, is that they have poor character control. The best advice anyone can give you when it comes to buying games is to rent the game and play it before you buy it.
BronzeG3
HG Master

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always loved perfect dark and 007 I read reviews of PD0, it looked like it could be fun, and it has co-op. I also had virtua tennis for dreamcast, so I had to get it for XBx. R6V is fun, but I'm a bit slow getting into it. I haven't played many console FPSes since the days of PD/007, so I kinda suck using the controller.

Have you tried connecting your PC to your xbx through windows media player 11? I tried to set it up, but most of my songs don't show up in the menu on the xbx.

oh, my gamer tag is "ZeroG Bean". Its a combination of a couple older names that by themselves didn't work too well.
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360 WMP11 Reply with quote

I'll send you a friend request when I get back from vacation on Monday. It will show up in your "messages" section in the xbox menu or dashboard. I loved 007 and the original Perfect Dark. I was addicted to both for like 3 years together.

Yes I currently use Windows Media Player 11 for streaming music. In order to get your songs to show up, make sure that your library folder for Windows Media Player 11 has all of your songs in it / updated to it. In other words, how they are organizede in WMP11 is how they will be organized in the 360, ie: playlists, albums, artists, songs ect. You have to "update" / "add" all of your songs to your library. You also have to allow the 360 for sharing in WMP11 and allow sharing. This is under the options menu somewhere.

When the songs are added to your library and WMP11 is set to share files, go to the settings in the xbox 360 and set up the PC connection. The name of the PC will be the name you have given it on your network or standard names. If you need more help with it just let me know, I just had to set this all up again with the elite.

Thomas Edison
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Anything goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: