FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Simulated Automotive Alarm LED's? How...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cana-Balistic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Simulated Automotive Alarm LED's? How... Reply with quote

Im not very savy when it comes to electronics and i need help with some basics for making simulated car alarm flashers. I have some very expencive electronic equipment in my trunk, i'd like to keep it there.

Here is my idea:

I want to place a red LED in one corner of my dash and a blue LED in the other corner. I want them to flash intermittently with a short delay between each color. I dont need them connected to the cars electrical system for on/off. I'd like to use a switch that i can place under the dash or another inconspicuous area.

Any schematics or information is extremly helpful.

I believe this, with a "Bait Car" decal on my window will make my car undesirable to the most hardcore would be thief.

If you are unfamilliar with the bait car program; its a program the police in vancouver use to catch car thiefs. A "bait car" is set up in the most random of places in high crime areas. When a thief steals the car, the doors lock and the engin disables while the cops move in for the bust. It has droped car thieft rates dramaticly. I want to use this to my advantage in securing my older vehicle from break-in's.

Thanks in advance,
Jaims

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Simulated Automotive Alarm LED's? How... Reply with quote

Welcome!

You could build something like this:
http://www.talkingelectronics.com/projects/FlasherCircuits/Page83FlasherCircuitsP1.html

But there is no substitute for a good alarm system. Smile
kbs2244
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive you can get these ready made.
Try one of the larger auto parts chains or the mail order guys.
Of course, there is always e-bay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: