FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Turn Signel Voltage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelapa wrote:
Whats a good voltage regulator that will go from 12v -> i would say, 5-8, maybe 9 volts?

The 78 series of voltage regulators are very popular and work well. The last 2 numbers represents the voltage. For example LM7805 is a 5 volt regulator.
This one is a 9 volt one:
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/LM/LM7809.html

Light chaser turn signals... Cool idea! Smile Take some pictures (or a video), I would love to see how it turns out.

If you want the power to be present only when the turn signal is activated you could also look at what makes the flasher relay drop out and simply cut it out of the circuit. It is probably just a C/R circuit that needs a capacitor cut out.

Good luck. Cool

chelapa
HG Junior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! i will be more then glad to post vids or pics once its done Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: