FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Wireless XBOX 360 Controller mod service

View previous topic :: View next topic  
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Wireless XBOX 360 Controller mod service Reply with quote

I have posted an auction on ebay for modding services related to the wireless xbox 360 controller. Check out the auction and my previous posts in this forum for more details.

This mod will go to the highest bidder in the auction. Depending on the demand I will be posting future auctions for this mod as well, so don't be worried if you are not the winning bidder. Questions? Contact me at precisewitem@aol.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-Wireless-Controller-LED-Mod_W0QQitemZ140075638640QQihZ004QQcategoryZ122517QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://forum.hackedgadgets.com/viewtopic.php?t=938
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: WANT TO MAKE SOME CASH ON THE SIDE? Reply with quote

Depending on how many orders I recieve for these circuits I may need some part-time help handling overhead and shipping processes. Anyone who may be interested can contact me precisewitem@aol.com

Requirements
- Must have at least 1 full free day a week
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have experiance with soldering and an understanding of LEDS
- Must have access to a checking account / paypal / ebay
- Must have access to a computer / contact availability
- Online shipping experiance would be helpful but is not necessary
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nginuity
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't you do a little long term testing before you offer it as a sales item? I'm not trying to knock what you are doing in any way, but what were to happen if you do a bunch of these, and then there is a long term, or unforseen problem? How would you warranty your work?
precisewitem
HG Master

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Warranty / Testing Reply with quote

Thank you for your concern Nginuity, I have beefed up my warranty / usage information on my auction to reflect more information about the circuit. I'm glad you noted this as it gives me a chance to further explain the circuit design and functionality.

Things I have added to the auction - Information regarding LED life and the proper usage of the LEDS, warranty on installation which includes replacing the controller if I damage it in any way during installation, and a warranty upon the ciruit itself. The warranty covers the full functionality of the controller and the LED circuit before I ship it back. I have also offered troubleshooting and repair information services, if for any reason the LEDS stop working you can contact me and I will attempt to help you fix the circuit.

The LED circuit exists within the shell of the controller and is not soldered into the controller anywhere, the wires are never soldered to the board or any pins and the can be easily removed. It draws power from the batteries before the controller does, basically it is its own entity within the controller.

The circuit itself will not effect the controller in any way, I have tested the power draw with a voltimeter off the mainboard pins within the controller with and without the circuit and gotten the same reading of 2.4V. So the current being supplied to the LEDS is not being taken away from the controller.

I have tested the circuit and controller with both the play and charge (leds off) and the AA battery pack (leds on) for several hours with no problems. The LEDS have virtually no effect on the functionality or lifespan of the controller.

I appretiate your concern nginuity, I needed to add more information regarding usage limitations and LED lifespan and I'm glad you pointed that out. Thanks again for looking out, I appretiate your help. I will address any other concerns people may have here and in he auction, Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> LED Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: