FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

Is it possible - Hardware 2 TFT?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gr3nades
HG Junior


Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Is it possible - Hardware 2 TFT? Reply with quote

Hello,


Im into carstyling and my car has 10 TFT screens installed.

I have a DVD player hooked up to all of them, but I was wondering if it is possible to have some sort of hardware display a picture/movie on the screens?

I only want to display the DVD playing on 6 of them, the other 4 are more for decoration. On those 4 I want a picture or animation.. Is it possible with some hardware?

I do NOT want a car-computer. Those take some time to load and I just dont want it.


If you can help me or give me info....


Thanks,
David
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Alan
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 1399
Location: Winnipeg, MB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might not be a high end solution but most modern digital cameras have video out capability for viewing videos, still pictures and slide shows on a regular TV. You could provide some hard wired power to the camera and feed the signal into your screens then place the camera out of site as it plays a slide show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gr3nades
HG Junior


Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I doubt that the image/animation will play right away when turning on the power.




Ive been thinking about using pocket pcs, with modified software. An application for Win CE that would show my image/animation when booted.

But hooking up a screen to a pocket pc is hard, and the coding of the software is even harder. I can do delphi, VB and C++, but not for mobile devices..





A MP4 player would be nice too.. Some let you hookup a screen, but same prob as the video cam: My image should show when the power is on..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nginuity
HG Ruler


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 224
Location: Dallas, Texas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can probably hack something together with Java...if you know c++. They use that a lot in mobile devices.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gr3nades
HG Junior


Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but the mobiles dont run on java.. and they still need to boot before my java applet would run..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alan
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 1399
Location: Winnipeg, MB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gr3nades wrote:
But I doubt that the image/animation will play right away when turning on the power.


You could hack a camera with a microcontroller so that when the system is powered up the controller operates the camera (presses the correct buttons in the correct sequence) to get the slide show to start from a cold start.

Another option might be one of those digital picture frames, some of them have TV out and most of them simply take an SD card. I am not sure what they do on a cold start though, but most of them probably default to showing pictures.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gr3nades
HG Junior


Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
gr3nades wrote:
But I doubt that the image/animation will play right away when turning on the power.


You could hack a camera with a microcontroller so that when the system is powered up the controller operates the camera (presses the correct buttons in the correct sequence) to get the slide show to start from a cold start.

Another option might be one of those digital picture frames, some of them have TV out and most of them simply take an SD card. I am not sure what they do on a cold start though, but most of them probably default to showing pictures.



those picframes have tv out? mhmmm great idea... i'll check into that

thanks Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nginuity
HG Ruler


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 224
Location: Dallas, Texas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gr3nades wrote:

those picframes have tv out? mhmmm great idea... i'll check into that


It wil do whatever you program it to do Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alan
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 1399
Location: Winnipeg, MB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gr3nades wrote:
Alan wrote:
gr3nades wrote:
But I doubt that the image/animation will play right away when turning on the power.


You could hack a camera with a microcontroller so that when the system is powered up the controller operates the camera (presses the correct buttons in the correct sequence) to get the slide show to start from a cold start.

Another option might be one of those digital picture frames, some of them have TV out and most of them simply take an SD card. I am not sure what they do on a cold start though, but most of them probably default to showing pictures.



those picframes have tv out? mhmmm great idea... i'll check into that

thanks Very Happy


Here is one example
http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITAL-PHOTO-PICTURE-FRAME-10-4-VIDEO-8-MP3-CAMERA_W0QQitemZ120066705950QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gr3nades
HG Junior


Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that link... been surfing around... found something better, and cheaper too..



http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HE-660A&cat=CAM



the only thing is, i'll bet it has a menu and stuff.. ill try fixing it with a PIC controller (not that i know how to do it, but ill figure it out)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gr3nades
HG Junior


Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried hooking up my digital camera to the tv.. it works, but it shows the pics name on top and the screen takes time to "focus"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Electronic Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group