FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

online laser war: Dragonlasers Vs Wicked Lasers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvlasers
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: online laser war: Dragonlasers Vs Wicked Lasers Reply with quote

Ever since I've been into lasers, the main online seller of lasers was www.wickedlasers.com They have a famous brand, good service and high prices. In the last few weeks, www.dragonlasers.com has started selling lasers on line. Their laser's quality so far is good and their prices excellent.

These two online sellers are now at war . The laser community (http://www.lasercommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=7637) is closely following the war between Wicked Lasers and DragonLasers with many members taking sides.

The competition between these two already has at least one thread in this forum http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138555

I'm inclined to think that there will be no clear winner. Wicked lasers will reduce its prices, offer extra features and continue to be the dominant player in the market. DragonLasers will take a chunk of Wickedlasers customers and will emerge as a good brand of high power good quality cheap lasers PROVIDING it is able to mantain customer satisfaction.

Either way, i'm waiting till prices fall so i can get a bargain for my next laser.

Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi luvlasers,

Seems like there is some big demand for high power hobby lasers...
My vote is for Wicked Lasers not because they're a sponsor of Hacked Gadgets, but because I have never heard of a dissatisfied customer.

Alan
AuroraAlpha
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: online laser war: Dragonlasers Vs Wicked Lasers Reply with quote

luvlasers wrote:
I'm inclined to think that there will be no clear winner. Wicked lasers will reduce its prices, offer extra features and continue to be the dominant player in the market. DragonLasers will take a chunk of Wickedlasers customers and will emerge as a good brand of high power good quality cheap lasers PROVIDING it is able to mantain customer satisfaction.

Either way, I’m waiting till prices fall so i can get a bargain for my next laser.

I would disagree with you completely. Wicked Lasers is moving their entire product line to in-house engineering and construction so they can provide a better project. Dragon Lasers is going to continue to offer the old CNI models which Wicked used to sell.

They are very different products, wicked offers higher-quality lasers that are tested at averages as well as strict guides to take back any laser then is not perfect within warrantee period. Steve (who runs Wicked) is a great guy who wants to help all his customers and laser enthusiast. Wicked also offers guarantees that your laser will arrive within a week (or you get $100 back). They will send you another laser if yours gets taken by customs. There are many other offers such as this.

Dragon Lasers on the other hand refuses to refund money or send new lasers if their arrive DOA, they have horrible or non-existent support. They also provide the worst of the CNI models (maybe they get worse ones which are cheaper than normal). I have heard about 4 good stores about DL and about 7 bad ones, wicked on the other hand has hundreds of good reviews and a few 'I haven’t gotten my laser yet, I want my money back' - who always get their money and laser a week later.

Basically, wicked is providing better lasers at slightly higher prices along with customer protection while Dragon lasers provide obsolete lasers at average prices with a good chance you will get ripped off in some way or another. I guess you get what you pay for.
luvlasers
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i've read on forums about the new model from wickedlasers is you need a external lens to burn things. Not my idea of an improvement.

As for wicked's service, there have been a number of complaints from customers on wicked's forum about the cost of constantly replacing laser pointers that are faulty other issues such as gripes with a competition.

Getting ripped of by Dragonlasers, not that i know of. I ended up buying a 125mW laser and have had no problems so far.

If you go to http://www.laserpointerforums.com/ (a non wicked forum) you'll see plenty of postive feed back about www.dragonlasers.com

Their shipping is a little slow but they are the genuine thing with good quality laser pointers.

Will post some pictures later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Anything goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: