FAQFAQ   GalleryGallery   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Forum RSS Feed   Hacked Gadgets Main Site 

2007 New Year's Contest Information

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: 2007 New Year's Contest Information Reply with quote

Who can enter?
You must live on planet earth. Smile

What are the prizes?
  • 1 Year of Make Magazine
  • 1 Year of either Nuts and Volts or Servo (your choice)
  • 120 LED Assortment Kit
  • $50 Gift Certificate at Think Geek

See details of the prizes on the main contest page.

How do I enter?
  • Post two items in any of the Hacked Gadgets forum categories, it can be anything from a cool project that you made or saw to some helpful advice for another member.
  • Comment on your favorite article on the main site.
  • Indicate you are done and want to be entered in the contest in this thread.

Prize draw date
The prize winner will be selected on January 1, 2007 at random from the valid entries that have been submitted between December 13, 2006 and December 31, 2006. The winner will be announced in this thread.

Other contest notes
Only one entry per person is allowed. This contest will be enforced to ensure it is fair for all who enter, Hacked Gadgets reserves the right to enforce the fairness of this contest by any means necessary (for example deleting entries that were made using a bot). If you are an existing member that meets the contest criteria simply indicate you are done in this thread. It will be up to you to ensure that the prizes can be delivered to your country.

Added December 16, 2006: I just wanted to clarify that there will be a single winner that will get all of the prizes listed. Also, the number of posts, length of posts etc. will not change the odds of winning. The final draw will simply be a random selection of all the valid entries. Of course that does not mean I don't appreciate people that post a few more than is required. Smile

Last edited by Alan on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nginuity
HG Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the two helpful items....is this retro, or from now until the end of the year?
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nginuity wrote:
About the two helpful items....is this retro, or from now until the end of the year?

It is retroactive. Cool So you don't have to worry there!
AuroraAlpha
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
Nginuity wrote:

So new members (such as I) cannot win?
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AuroraAlpha wrote:
Alan wrote:
Nginuity wrote:

Hi AuroraAlpha,

You sure can enter and win. Just complete the three steps listed in the "How do I enter" section. Nginuity didn't have to post any additional comments in the forum since he had posted many more than the required 2 in the past.

Good luck Smile
AuroraAlpha
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
AuroraAlpha wrote:
Alan wrote:
Nginuity wrote:

Hi AuroraAlpha,

You sure can enter and win. Just complete the three steps listed in the "How do I enter" section. Nginuity didn't have to post any additional comments in the forum since he had posted many more than the required 2 in the past.

Good luck Smile

That’s nice for older members... Anyways I am entered, I hope I do well. Good luck with the contest, it’s a good deal.
k1ratacul
HG Junior

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in!
cchance
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope i dont loose out cause i wasnt a big form member before lol, i was here on the comments only lol
Alan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I would like to thank everyone who has entered so far.

I just added the following clarification to the rules, this is a winner take all contest. I apologize if this was not clear before.

Added December 16, 2006: I just wanted to clarify that there will be a single winner that will get all of the prizes listed. Also, the number of posts, length of posts etc. will not change the odds of winning. The final draw will simply be a random selection of all the valid entries. Of course that does not mean I don't appreciate people that post a few more than is required. Smile
AuroraAlpha
Semi Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan wrote:
First of all I would like to thank everyone who has entered so far.

I just added the following clarification to the rules, this is a winner take all contest. I apologize if this was not clear before.

Thats for making that clear, I thought it was a 1 prize per person, 4 winners contest. Anyways, still good, I hope I take it all. Anything else to add?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hacked Gadgets Forum Index -> Contests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: